Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Who Has the Best Polling Data?

This is a follow-up post to Wild Turkey's, "Approval Ratings for Gov. Kaine" on April 15th.

After looking at the poll I began wondering what each side in the Transportation debate is getting in regards to polling data. We all know the House and Senate, or some group on their behalf, is taking polls to see where the public stands on the issue of a tax increase for transportation. And I am not referring to some poll on a website, I am talking about a serious scientific poll with deep cross-tabs.

Since they are so far apart on a compromise, they must be getting mixed polling data, right? The question then becomes, how much different is Sen. Chichester’s polling data from Speaker Howell’s and why? Or, are the numbers so close that each side is willing to bet the farm on their position?

So, who has the best polling data?

I have no idea what the answer is, so I figured I would throw it out there for fellow bloggers to think about and respond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home